Chatting with a Vendor: Jerry Boone
Jerry Boone of Froggy Meadow Farm shares his favorites and tips for shopping the market. As a young man, Jerry left the small farm he grew up on and ran off to the sea. After 25 years as a ship captain, it seemed a natural choice to return to farming. Since 2008 Froggy Meadow farm, a small off-the-grid farm in Southern Wisconsin, has been producing fine vegetables. Froggy Meadow Farm's specialty is the Allium family. Large, tasty Cippollini onions are one of the farm's most popular crops along with many other types of vegetables year-round using only sustainable and organic methods.
What is your favorite crop that you grow?
What is your favorite thing to do in Chicago?
What is in your fridge right now?
What is one tip you have for shoppers at Green City Market?
What is the one food you couldn't live without?
- Chatting with a Vendor: Brad Newman
- Wednesday, March 1, 2017
- Chatting with a Vendor: Brian Elias
- Wednesday, February 8, 2017
- Chatting with a Vendor: Brian Severson
- Wednesday, January 18, 2017
- Elevate Your Winter Salads by Shopping Locally
- Tuesday, January 10, 2017
- Chatting with a Vendor: Raya Carr
- Sunday, January 1, 2017
Receive weekly updates, invitations to exclusive events, and market news. Browse archive »