2018 National Farmers Market Week at Green City Market
Thank you for supporting Green City Market as a resource for sustainable food in Chicago. We invite you to participate in the following events to celebrate our farmers and markets for National Farmers Market Week from August 5-11, 2018:
- Savor the Seasons: Try the best of the peak tomato season! Visit GCM Lincoln Park and GCM West Loop on Saturday August 11th from 9am-1pm to try a variety of tomatoes from our sustainable farmers and vote on your favorite one!
- Donation Station: Donate $5 or more to support our markets, education and access programs for an elote from Cruz Blanca Brewery and Taqueria. This delicious Mexican street corn will be available at GCM Lincoln Park on Saturday, August 11th from 10am-1pm.
- Market Shopper Survey: We want to hear from you! Stop by the Info Booth at #GCMLincolnPark and #GCMWestLoop on Saturday, August 11th for a short 1 minute survey.
- Link Matching: We are increasing our matching program up to $20 from August 5-11, 2018 only at #GCMLincolnPark and #GCMWestLoop!
- Blind Taste Test: Can you guess summer fruits and vegetables blind-folded? Test your tastebuds on Wednesday, August 8th from 8am-12pm at the #GCMLincolnPark Club Sprouts tent.
- Chef Demos: As part of our regularly scheduled programming, we will have Chicago chefs demonstrating how to use GCM produce to create market-inspired dishes at 10:30am at our markets this week.
- The Turkey Trials: Learn more about your holiday bird
- Monday, October 15, 2018
- Listen to Exec Director, Melissa Flynn on WGN Radio's Patty Vasquez Show with Andrea Darlas!
- Friday, October 12, 2018
- Grains of Knowledge with Brian Severson Farms
- Tuesday, October 9, 2018
- Edible Education Update: Starting the Garden at Manierre School
- Tuesday, September 25, 2018
- Green City Market app featured on NBC 5 Chicago's Tech Trends
- Monday, September 24, 2018
Receive weekly updates, invitations to exclusive events, and market news. Browse archive »