Green City Spring Frittata
Paul Virant - Vie and Perenial Virant
- 3 bunches asparagus, washed, trimmed, cut into 1inch pieces
- 3 stalks green garlic, washed, trimmed, cut into bias slices
- 6 stalks spring onion, washed, trimmed, cut into bias slices
- 1/2lb bacon, diced
- 16 eggs, beaten
- 1/2lb fresh chevre
- 2 pints oyster mushrooms, trimmed
- 1/2cup olive oil
- 3 lemons, juice only
- 2 bunches of wild watercress, washed and trimmed
- salt and pepper
Preheat broiler. In a large ovenproof nonstick skillet, fry the bacon until crispy. Add garlic and 1/2 the onion, cook another minute. Add asparagus, pan roast until just tender (another 2 minutes). Add egg, season the mixture with salt and pepper. Stir the mixture over the heat constantly, until the egg almost sets.
Sprinkle top with goat cheese. Broil to finish setting the frittata and browning the cheese.
Slide onto a large round serving platter dressed with the watercress.
Wipe the pan out and add the olive oil, and the rest of the onion and the mushrooms. Season and fry until the mushrooms are tender. Remove from heat and add the lemon juice
Garnish the frittata with mushrooms, serve.