Sweet Corn and Zucchini Blossom with Homemade Ricotta Cheese and Black Summer Truffles
Kevin Hickey - Seasons Restaurant at Four Seasons Hotel
Soups & Sides
- 3 oz. Shallots, chopped
- 1 oz. Garlic, minced
- 1 T. Grapeseed Oil
- 8 ears Fresh Corn Kernels
- .5 ea Leeks, chopped
- 12 Zucchini Flowers, chopped,
- 2 Sprigs Epazote
- .5 cup White Wine
- 1 cup Corn Stock
- 3 cup Cream
- Save half of the corn kernels and zucchini flowers for garnish
- Sweat shallots and garlic in oil, add corn, leeks and flowers, season with salt and white pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes, deglaze with white wine and reduce by half, add stock and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add cream and simmer for 5-10 minutes, blend in a blender until smooth and creamy, adjust seasoning and serve garnished with the corn and zucchini flowers, crumbled ricotta and shaved black truffles.
- 1 gl. Whole Milk
- 2 cup Buttermilk
- 2 T. Salt
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy bottom stock pot and place on a medium heat, occasionally stirring to insure mixture does not stick.
- Prepare a strainer over the sink covered with cheese cloth..
- When the curd separates from the whey, pour the entire mixture through the cheese cloth. After it drains for a few minutes, stir it, drop out the rest of the whey. When drained, refrigerate and it will keep for 2 days.