Crostini di Fegatini di Pollo (Chicken Liver Crostini)
Luca Corazzina - 312 Chicago
- 1 lb. chicken livers
- ½ pint milk
- 2 oz all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 shallots, peeled and chopped
- 3 - 4 garlic gloves, peeled and chopped (reserve 1 tsp)
- 2 oz Shiraz wine (such as 2006 Mad Hatter)
- 1oz Italian parsley, chopped (reserve a pinch)
- 4 crispy bread slices, toasted or grilled with olive oil)
- 2 oz. wild mushrooms
- 1 oz goat cheese
- Clean the chicken livers, removing all excess fat and soak the livers in milk for about 20 minutes. Drain and dry them on a paper towel; season with salt and pepper and lightly dredge in flour.
- Add oil to sauté pan and place over medium heat. Cook livers for four minutes per side or until brown. Add the shallots and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally for a couple minutes and then add wine. Stir to mix and add in parsley. Remove from pan and cool.
- Place chicken livers in a food processor and pulse until they are the consistency of a pate; reserve.
- Sauté the mushrooms with remaining garlic and parsley.
- Spread chicken liver on toasted bread, add mushrooms and sprinkle with goat cheese. Buon Appetito!