Butternut Squash, Potato, Mushroom Hash with Bacon, Kale, and Goat Cheese Fondue
Heather Terhune - Sable
Soups & Sides
Ingredients for Hash and Bacon:
- 6 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1.5 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, washed and cut into small chunks (blanched)
- 1.5 lbs butternut squash, peeled and cut into small chunks (blanched)
- 1 lb mushrooms, sliced (any variety)
- 1 bunch kale, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped herbs (parsley, thyme, rosemary, tarragon)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Ingredients for Fondue
- 1 cup of cream
- 1 cup of goat cheese
- In a heavy skillet, cook the bacon until crisp.
- Add the potatoes, butternut squash and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper.
- Saute for 5 minutes and add the mushrooms.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the potatoes are tender, 8-10 minutes.
- Add the kale. Cook, stirring occasionally, then add the fresh herbs.
- In separate pan, heat cream and goat cheese until the cheese melts. Do not boil.
- Top hash with goat cheese fondue.