Crepe Stand Operator
Green City Market is currently in search of enthusiastic and responsible culinary candidates who are passionate about the local food movement for the position of Crepe Stand Operator. Click here for job description and application instructions>>
We do not have any open positions available at this time.
Vendor Job Openings:
The following farmers and food vendors are currently looking for help at markets or help on the farm. Please contact them directly for more information.
- Jakes Country Meats: Looking for energetic people who are passionate about local food to help us connect people to their food at various farmer's markets around Illinois. Work days that are available vary from Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and/or Sundays. May-October. Set ups typically begin around 6am, work concludes around 1:30pm. (Sundays are 8am-3:30pm). Give us a call/email (269-445-3020 / firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested and check out our website to learn more about our farm: www.jakescountrymeats.com
- Gayle's Best Ever Grilled Cheese: Gayle's Best Ever Grilled Cheese is in need of 2 more people that can help cook, cut and wrap sandwiches. Fast paced busy work. Setup at 5am. Email gaylesbestever@gmail for more information.
- Joe's Blues: Moss Funnel Farms (Joe's Blues) is seeking help for its Chicago area markets as well as at its farms near South Haven, Michigan. Both positions are part time but intense during the July-August season and requirements include having access to an automobile, a smart phone and a take charge personality. Compensation is competitive and there are no age restrictions. Please contact Frank at email@example.com or 847-293-1690.
- Wholesome Harvest: Wholesome Harvest is looking for enthusiastic, hard-working crew members to help at their Saturday market stalls. This position would be part-time on Saturdays from early morning to early/mid afternoon. Contact Wholesome Harvest at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-675-6113 if you are interested in the position.
- Ludwig Farmstead Creamery: Are you passionate about people, cheese and local food? Then we are looking for you. Ludwig is looking for an enthusiastic, responsible individual who is able to set up, breakdown and promote their cheese at the Green City Market from 5am-1:30pm on Saturdays starting in May. Please email email@example.com for more information.
- Verzênay Pâtisserie is hiring for a part time, weekday and/or weekend sales position for the 2017 Green City Farmer’s market season. Click here for job description.
- Prairie Pure Cheese, a small local cheese company, is looking for an independent, self-motivated individual to staff their tent at the Green City Market Lincoln Park, every Saturday from May until October.
Sell great local cheese, enjoy the ambience of Chicago’s best farmers market, and make some money. Must have own vehicle, be an early riser (market tent must be set up by 6:45 AM), and be reliable. $15/hour, plus mileage, with bonus potential. Call 815-568- 5000 if interested or with any questions.
- Earth First Farms - Organic Farm Worker We are looking for a responsible, stable, hard working individual who has some experience in farming and is interested in working with and learning more about organics for an established 49 acre certified organic farm in Berrien Center, MI. Position works directly with the Farm Manager, and duties include daily assistance with a busy, diverse market oriented farm that specializes in apples, strawberries, tomatoes, squash and melons, along with a wide array of other fruits and vegetables. While we need a commitment through Labor Day, the ideal candidate is available on a full time basis until December 15. Pay is a weekly salary with access to some of the best food grown in the midwest and an, as needed, option for housing. Please send interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Farm Market Assistant Earth First Farms is looking for a hard-working, energetic individual who likes early mornings to help with our weekend markets. We are an organic fruit and vegetable grower, seeking to educate our customers about the benefits of organics. A desire for educating the customer and a passion for fruits and vegetables is a must! Please email email@example.com if interested!
- Our House Pizza is hiring BOH Line Cook positions for the summer. This would be a great part time job a couple days a week. What better way to spend summer in Chicago, then being outside making pizzas in Lincoln Park at The Green City Market. Our House Pizza is a small mobile pizza business that serves pizzas and other hot dishes at the Green City Farmer's Market. Shifts available are BOH Line cook, and BOH dough handler. Line experience is necessary, but dough handling and market experience are not. Market days are May 6-Oct 28th, Wed and Sat. Shifts are 6-1pm, and 7-2pm. Pay starts at $13/hr, with mobility to move up the pay scale if it's a good fit. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.