Bonus Link Matching!
Green City Market is excited to announce that from October 15th - November 12th we are increasing our Link matching dollars. Thanks to a generous grant from Sweetgreen we are able to raise our matching dollars from $15 up to $25 for customers using SNAP benefits at the market. Link bonus matching will run through the remainder of the outdoor season at Lincoln Park on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 7am-1pm (that is up to $50 additional funds to spend on market-fresh, local foods per week) and West Loop on Saturdays 8am-1pm and will continue on into the Indoor Market season inside the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum, Saturdays 8am-1pm. So be sure to follow us indoors!
GCM’s Link matching program is a win-win for our wider community. Increasing the affordability of GCM products to low-income shoppers not only helps SNAP recipients consume more nutritious foods, but also helps our farmers earn a living wage and keeps more food dollars within our local economy.
HOW DO I USE MY LINK CARD AT GREEN CITY MARKET?
WHAT CAN I BUY AT GREEN CITY MARKET WITH MY LINK CARD?
Come to the Green City Market Info Booth.
Let us know that you would like to use your Link card and how much you would like to charge.
After running your card, we will give you Green City Link Tokens equal to the amount requested, plus up to $15 in additional tokens to spend at the market.
Spend tokens at the market like cash! However, change cannot be given for tokens. If you need smaller denominations of tokens, return to the GCM Info Booth.
- Tokens do not expire and are valid at any Green City Market location during market hours.
- VEGETABLES such as tomatoes, peppers, carrots, lettuce, collards, kale, onions, garlic, turnips, potatoes, mushrooms, eggplant and green beans
- FRUIT such as strawberries, raspberries, apples, peaches, cherries, blueberries and pears
- DAIRY PRODUCTS such as milk, cream, goat cheese, cow cheese and butter
- EGGS from chickens, ducks and geese
- MEAT such as beef, chicken, pork and elk
- BREAD in loaves, rolls, boules and scones
- SAUCES such as pasta sauce, salsa, dips, fruit jams and spreads
Questions? Call us at 773.880.1266 or speak with us at the market Info Booth.
- Chicago Tribune Announces Chicago Farmers Markets
- Tuesday, May 16, 2017
- Press Release: Park at Wrigley Vendors and Chef Demos
- Monday, May 15, 2017
- Press Release: West Loop Market Vendors and Chef Demos
- Monday, May 15, 2017
- A Day by Day Guide to Farmers Markets in Chicago
- Monday, May 8, 2017
- Green City Market Lincoln Park Opens!
- Friday, May 5, 2017
Receive weekly updates, invitations to exclusive events, and market news. Browse archive »