Demonstrated at Green City Market on April 6, 2013 by Chef Janet Kirker
- 3 1/2-4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1-2tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/2-1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup asparagus tips, blanched
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, rough chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon or basil, rough copped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the stock in a saucepan and heat over medium heat.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pot over medium lo heat and add olive oil
- Gently sweat the onions intil soft, 2-3 minutes. Add the arborio rice, stir well to coat.
- Cook rice an additional 2 minutes while stirring constantly or until rice is lightly toasted.
- Add the white wine, and stir until evaporated
- Stir in one cup of the warm stock and cook until the pan is almost dry.
- Continue repeating this process until the rice is cooked al dente or to your own liking.
- Turn down the heat to low and stir in cheese.
- Add the asparagus tips and fresh herbs
- Season to taste with salt and pepper