Butternut Squash and Apple Soup
Liz Tokarczyk - Limelight
Soups & Sides
- 12 oz. white wine
- 1 oz. vegetable oil
- 6 oz. onions, medium diced
- 6 oz. celery, medium diced
- 1 Tbsp garlic clove, chopped
- 2 lbs. butternut squash, cooked
- 1/2 lb. apples, peeled, seeded
- 3 qts. chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 8 oz. heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- white pepper
- Heat the oil; sweat the onions, celery, and garlic until limp.
- Peel, seed, and dice the squash and apple. Add it to the pot along with the white wine and chicken stock.
- Simmer until the vegetables are soft, about 1 hour.
- Puree and strain through a medium chinois if necessary.
- Add the heavy cream to taste. Return the soup to just below a simmer. Adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.