Sarah Stegner - Prairie Grass Cafe
Soups & Sides
- 3 med size Portobello mushrooms
- 2-3 T. olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 T. minced onion
- 1 cup mushroom stock
- 1 T. butter
- Trim the mushrooms and remove the stems. Wipe off the mushrooms with a damp cloth.
- In a ten-inch pan over medium high heat, sauté the mushrooms in olive oil. Season with salt & pepper.
- Cook on both sides until browned and the mushroom becomes tender. Remove the mushrooms from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion. Cook until tender. Add the mushroom stock and simmer until the liquid is reduced by 2/3rds its original volume.
- Return the mushrooms to the pan and continue to simmer for one more minute.
- Stir the butter into the stock. The liquid should form a glaze over the mushrooms. Serve warm.